There are all sorts of feel-good spiritual movies out there, especially those about the Christian faith. There are gobs of movies with scenes with a spiritual message. I chose to list movies that are full of general spiritual content but are not about a certain religion.
Here’s my Criteria…
WHAT I LEFT OUT
- Christian themed
- Lifetime TV movies
- Movies using spiritual powers to promote revenge, corruption, or violence
WHAT I DID INCLUDE
I listed programs that…
- Show the power of our
- Point out that everything has a purpose.
- Demonstrate characters taking action in spite of their
- Had faith in something without seeing evidence of it.
- Had one or more of the characters follow their intuition, inner guidance, Source, Spirit, Universe, Guides, Angels, Higher Power, God’s voice, or whatever you want to call that higher source that knows way more than we do.
Here’s My Pick for the Best Spiritual Movies
1 As It Is in Heaven 2004 (By far the best)
2 Castaway 2000
3 Peaceful Warrior 2006
4 Groundhog Day 1993
5 Little Boy 2015
6 Field of Dreams 1989
7 Gandhi 1982 (True story)
8 The Legend of Bagger Vance 2000
9 Hacksaw Ridge 2016 (True story)
10 Bruce Almighty 2003
11 Always 1989
12 Defending Your Life 1991
13 Contact 1997
14 Seven Years in Tibet 1997 (True story)
15 Conversations with God 2006 (True story)
16 Just Like Heaven 2005
17 Somewhere in Time 1980
18 Same Kind of Different as Me 2017 (True story)
Here’s My Pick for the Best TV Series
Finding feel-good spiritual TV series was difficult, especially because they often do not stay popular enough to stay on air. I also shortened my criteria substantially and so far only came up with one that I would list as excellent.
1 A Place to Call Home 2013-2018 (The most unconditional loving series I have ever seen)
This self-study course helps you change the mindset you have about yourself and the world around you. You will be able to finally feel worthy and be yourself. For more details.
Also, check out this QUIZ, How Worthy Do You Feel?
If you need more help feeling worthy, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.