INFP Myers-Briggs personality types are very sensitive to the energy of others and their environment. This makes certain situations depleting and sometimes extremely difficult for an INFP.
Here’s a List of Some of the Things That Cause INFPs to Feel Exhausted or Drained…
- Judging or doubting themselves.
- Inability to be creative or use their imagination.
- Someone wanting their constant attention.
- Making small talk, such as discussing the weather, what they had for lunch, or what they are going to do that day.
- Keeping everything the same and setting up routines.
- Social events, especially when they involve being in large groups or around negative people.
- Being criticized.
- Not having a sanctuary or a safe space of their own.
- Being stretched too thin or having back-to-back obligations.
- Being pushed to make decisions before they have time to explore the options.
- Relationship conflict or misunderstandings.
- Not feeling connected to others.
- Negativity. Being around negative people for any length of time or watching the news can be very draining.
- Trying to stop or dismiss how they feel. For an INFP, ignoring their feelings and emotions is cutting off their energy source.
- Not having big blocks of time on their own with no interruptions.
- Dishonesty. This can mean others not telling the truth, or denying their own truth to themselves.
- Not being able to move their body.
- Soaking up others’ emotional storms. It’s easy for INFPs to feel others’ trauma or crisis and take it on.
- Trying to do things without passion or inspiration. In other words, trying to settle for mediocre. INFPs love to really feel their emotions.
- Denying their intuition or inner guide. Exploring, using their imagination, recognizing signs from the universe, and sensing the energy are some of the things that energize INFPs.
If you identify with the INFP personality type, this self-study eBook can help you use your intuition or inner guidance more often—without having to change who you are. For more details.
Also, check out the INFP Intuition QUIZ.
If you need more help using your intuition or inner guide, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.