With anything we decide to undertake, there are disadvantages and some advantages of taking it on. Studying A Course in Miracles (ACIM) is no exception.
Here’s Some Disadvantages of Studying ACIM…
- It’s not an easy book to understand. At first, you may only understand a sentence on each page.
- Once you really understand the enormity of the concepts and what they truly mean, you probably won’t want to stop.
- It will probably be extremely hard not to see yourself, others, God, and the world around you differently.
- You might have a love/hate relationship with the book, ripping out the pages and burning them, and in the next minute buying another copy.
- Start quoting A Course in Miracles in normal conversations, to the point that it’s annoying.
- Spend lots of money buying copies for everyone you know.
- Have to redefine or overlook the pronouns and terms used, i.e. God, He, Him, His, and Son.
- Have to lug that heavy book around on trips, because you can’t bear to leave it at home.
- Think royal blue is the only shade of blue on the color wheel.
- Experience memory losses. You can read it over and over, even hundreds of times, and yet come across a section you swear you never saw.
- Buy more books just to explain A Course in Miracles.
- Find out there is no turning back. Once you start understanding the concepts you can’t completely unlearn them, no matter how hard you try.
Here’s Some Advantages of Studying ACIM…
- If you do what it says, it works.
- The more you study it, the easier it gets to understand. Understanding one sentence on a page quickly becomes two, then a paragraph, and then the whole page.
- If you pay close attention, you can watch yourself change from the inside out.
- Find answers to all your questions.
- Change the way you think about everything to a more loving way.
- Build muscles carrying around that heavy book.
- Have a resource and reference guide for any problem you will ever face.
- Feel moments of appreciation that A Course in Miracles was something you decided to undertake.
If you need help understanding A Course of Miracles concepts and live in the United States, contact Vickie for a complimentary phone conversation.