Many of us have worked really hard, sometimes years, trying to ignore or change the fact we are gay. Sooner or later we give up and realize that the only control we really have with being gay is whether this will be the worst experience or the best experience we have ever had.
Here are Some Ways to Make Being Gay a Great Experience…
- Accept it. Think of it this way. There are 7 billion of us and we are all going up a mountain. Because there are so many of us, there are several paths to take. Every one of them goes to the top of the mountain. No path is wrong. They are just different paths with different experiences to offer. And no path is superior or inferior to the other paths. Once you accept your path, it gets more pleasurable.
- Get close and trust your inner guidance, God, Higher Power, or whatever you want to call it. Your path has lots of twists, turns, ups and downs so ask for help often, listen, and follow through. Navigating can be tricky at times, but it has the possibility of being a wonderful journey if you trust your guide.
- Practice being honest. You’ll find out that lying to yourself and others causes the path to become rougher and adds more fear to overcome. At first not being truthful seems like you are avoiding what scares you altogether, but really you are just pushing it down the path to be dealt with at a different time in a different circumstance. In the meantime, with each lie, the fear keeps piling up and gets harder to push, especially uphill.
- Watch your thoughts. Whether you know this or not, every thought you think causes an effect. So, if you complain, blame, get angry, or are afraid often you most likely don’t even see the path any longer through the shoulder-high weeds. What a difficult journey! But, if you see your path as a fun adventure, you have a clear path and are able to see the all the amazing gifts every step of the way.
- Be grateful for being gay. This can be extremely hard at times to attempt, but if you even go through the motion saying you want to be grateful for the problems along the path, they will simply vanish before your eyes. This clears the path so you can see the real beauty in it. Being grateful creates more things to be grateful for.
If you are doing some of these 5 things even half-way, you are finding out that the experience of being gay is not that bad.
Work on it full-time and watch it become the best experience you have ever dreamed of.
For more blogs, visit the Relationship Section on my website.
If you need help with your relationships, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching & consulting session.