For those of us who favor the same sex, after a while we become aware that no matter what we do, we can’t change the fact that we are wired to be gay. Hopefully, we come to the realization that the only control we really have with being gay is whether this will be the worst experience we have ever had or the best experience.
Here are Some Ways to Make Being Gay a Horrible Experience…
1. Fight it. Listen to your conservative loved ones and society. In other words, try to be normal and fit in. Date people of the opposite sex. Cut off all ties with other gays and especially people you are attracted to. And then try your damnedest not to think about them. Usually, the longer you can last, the more depressing it gets.
2. Don’t ever ask God or a Higher Power for help to see being gay with a different perspective. Instead, go with religious dogma believing that “God says it’s a sin.”
3. Insist on making promises to yourself, try really hard to keep them, and feel guilty when you break them. To make it even worse, make promises to others.
4. Practice being dishonest. Whenever you are approached with the question of being gay, lie, and think by doing so, you have avoided all the repercussions. Convince yourself that becoming a person you do not admire won’t affect your self-esteem in any way.
To make it worse, fool yourself into thinking telepathy does not exist and the only way any one will know you are gay is if you slip up. That causes lots of pressure.
5. Don’t bother with being grateful for being gay. To make the experience worse, stay focused on being a victim and how hard your life is because of it.
6. Distance yourself from others. When you talk with others focus on idle chat and under no circumstances get into deep meaningful conversations. Getting too close to people might cause you to inadvertently reveal too much about yourself.
7. Worry about being found out. Obsess about how certain people will react and what they would think if they knew the truth about you. Treat it like reliving bad nightmares in your head over and over. It makes you really scared. To make it even worse, often think about horrible things that have happened to others you know.
If you actually do these 7 things, no wonder you are angry, depressed, and having a miserable experience with being gay.
The less excruciating thing to do is to change your mind, to make being gay the best experience you have ever had. Do it and watch what happens!
For more blogs, visit the Relationship Section on my website.
If you need help with your relationships, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching & consulting session.