Everyone multitasks to some extent but it can easily become a lifestyle of trying to stay BUSY. Here are some of the disadvantages…
You tend to…
- Believe quantity is way more important than quality.
- Skip prioritizing your tasks, eliminating things that don’t really need to be done.
- Ignore long-term goals or focus on achieving your wildest dreams.
- Disregard your intuition.
- Have more shallow relationships.
- Have an illusion of competence.
- Become emotionally dependent on having a large to do list and a constant access to technology.
- Be a jack of all trades, master of none.
- Apologize more than others for being late or making mistakes.
- Eliminate time for contemplative thoughts.
I coach a lot of multitaskers who have let it get out of hand. By the time they are ready to end their life of BUSYNESS, they have wasted years occupying their time with bits and pieces of nothing really significant. Don’t distract yourself to death!
If you need help letting go of doing several tasks at once, contact Vickie Champion for a discovery coaching and consulting session.
By Vickie Champion