It’s happening all around you. People are losing their jobs. Is it about to happen to you next? You can wait for the dreaded phone call or the email that you’re wanted in your manager’s office. Or you can become proactive and tune in to see if a pink slip is in your future.
Here Are Some Signs You Might be Laid off or Fired soon…
- Absolutely dread going into work and can’t wait to leave.
- Complain about your job duties, your co-workers, your boss and the company to anyone who will listen.
- Notice yourself gaining weight, smoking like a chimney, or becoming deathly ill.
- Will take time off work for even the lamest reasons like getting a third estimate on a new hot water heater, or because your distant cousin needs a ride to work.
- Feel resentful or angry about anything work related. It could be your supervisor criticizing you, failure to get a promotion, not being recognized for your talent or your coworkers not being disciplined for their incompetence.
- Day dream about things you would rather be doing.
- Suffer physical symptoms like an anxiety attack, or knotted stomach when you think about starting another work week.
- Judge everything and everyone remotely related to your work.
- Can’t buy into company policies and procedures, especially the latest ones.
- Find yourself in conflict with your supervisor, other team members, or customers.
- Do the minimum amount of work. Be less than you can be.
- Feel a sense of relief when you think about not having to go into work on your days off.
- Have checked out — you know, the “whatever” attitude.
If more than a couple of these sound familiar, it could signal that a change in job status is in your future. This is a GOOD THING. Recognizing through the intuitive signs that a particular job is no longer right for you, empowers you to start searching for a more fulfilling job and life.
If you want to learn how to use your intuition finding a job, contact Vickie Champion for a discovery career coaching and consulting session.
By Vickie Champion