As a business and life coach, a topic that comes up in coaching sessions is “when is it the right time to purchase an item.” Do we buy before we need it?
Buying Before we Need it
If we buy before we need it, there is a good chance we have a lack or fear mentality. An example of this would be a business buying a piece of equipment before offering the service to any of their clients. Or running to the grocery store and buying extra groceries for your visitors before finding out what they like to eat.
Ask yourself these questions first…
- Am I afraid I won’t be able to find it when I really do need it?
- Am I afraid I won’t be able to get it on sale?
- Am I afraid I won’t find the brand, style, color, etc. I like?
- Am I afraid I will run out?
- Am I afraid what others will think if I don’t?
Whenever we buy in a lack or fear mentality, there is an extremely good chance we wasted the money. We will rarely use the item, eventually give it away, sell it or throw it out.
Other related quizzes and articles by Vickie Champion you might be interested in are:
You can also contact Vickie Champion for a coaching and consulting session.