In the previous three blogs I explained why building trust is so important for our business and ways to use photos and text on your website to build trust.
Remember, for the last few decades businesses have gotten away with keeping little secrets and telling half truths. Not anymore. To build trust, businesses now have to show they have nothing to hide and are unafraid to be open.
We Will Continue with Other Ways to Market Your Business to Build Trust…
- Get active on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. It builds credibility that you are a legitimate business, especially to people using them and to anyone under the age of 40.
- Put headshots on business cards and social media sites.
- Make your company easily accessible if current and potential customers have questions or problems.
- Give guarantees.
Send birthday cards with personal messages. I did a survey in one of my How Marketing is Changing, and Why we Need to Pay Attention workshops. The question was “Do you appreciate getting cards with just a handwritten signature on them?” Most of the participants said they considered canned cards junk mail and threw them away. If you are going to take the time to send a card, write something personal to the recipient. If not, don’t waste your marketing budget on something no one will appreciate.
- Start using video conferencing, like Skype. It builds trust quicker, the way a face-to-face meeting would.
- Make and send video e-mails.
- Give genuine compliments.
- Let customers critique your services or products.
Check out the entire Running a Business section.
You can also contact Vickie Champion for a discovery coaching and consulting session.