Obviously, working from home is not for everybody. With my business and career coaching clients, I listen to my intuition and often suggest they either find a new job or change their thoughts and behaviors to create a better environment at the old job.
Here are some Disadvantages of Working from Home…
- No longer use our commuting time as our think time or time to wind down and relax.
- Have difficulty getting motivated without someone to impress.
- Overeat because no one’s noticing.
- Work too little because of our flexible schedule.
- Have a hard time functioning without the hustle and bustle of an office.
- Feel deprived of the socializing and the office parties.
- Feel distracted at home by things like a pile of dishes and a full trash can.
- Live in a home with inadequate work space or inappropriate furniture.
- Need the 8-hour escape from a troubled marriage or a difficult child.
- Find setting goals or developing a business plan complicated.
- Ignore personal hygiene.
- Thrive on office politics and gossip.
- Be tempted to work longer hours and neglect our personal life.
- Miss close relationships with co-workers.
- Get overwhelmed in “trying to do it all,” like childcare, work, cooking and house cleaning.
- Live in an environment with too many domestic distractions.
- Feel deprived not being around others because we are an extrovert.
- Suffer from isolation disease.
Can you think of other disadvantages of working from home?
You can contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.