When I started my own business years ago, I noticed quite a difference from working in an office environment and working from home. I was use to the hustle and bustle of a busy office with the phoning ringing off the hook, unproductive meetings and my team constantly wanting something or another.
Here is What I Think are Benefits of Working from Home…
- Save hours a day in commuting time.
- Relax. No one’s looking over our shoulder, monitoring our every move.
- Eat healthier.
- Schedule dentist and doctor appointments easier.
- Work in our robe. There’s no longer a dress code.
- Save money and time with our cars in gasoline, repairs, tires and general wear and tear.
- Take on the “I’ll do it all” attitude and eliminate child care.
- Save our company relocation and overhead expenses.
- Save money on lunches out.
- Take the family to Hawaii with money saved on business suits and dry cleaning.
- Have an office with a window.
- Gain a tax deduction on a portion of our mortgage and utilities, if we are self-employed.
- Listen to our intuition easier because there are fewer distractions.
- Focus because no one’s interrupting us every second.
- Set our own work hours.
- Enjoy closer relationships with our family.
- Don’t have to take time off work for repair people to come to our house.
- Work from a comfortable chair and desk that we like and is perfect for our needs.
- Do more in a lot less time.
- Schedule time for exercise easier.
- Have a larger and nicer office, decorated just the way we want it.
- Live anywhere. (I have coaching clients in Los Angeles, New York City, Orange County, Toronto, and for a time, in London.)
- Because of all of the above, produce a higher quality of work.
After writing this blog, all I can say is, I really appreciate working from home. I didn’t realize how many advantages there are.
Others blogs you might be interested in are:
If you have a home based business and need help, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.