For me, it’s the website with lots of these!!!!!! After every!!! Sentence!!! Everyone has a website that they can’t click off fast enough. If they could have stomached staying, they may have connected with the perfect business partner or client. Are you losing clients because your website is driving people away with annoying features?
How to Use Your Website to Drive Away Potential Clients…
- Don’t put any photos of you or your staff on your website.
- Make sure you have slow loading pages, more than 3 seconds.
- Clutter each page with something in every vacant space. Use images, videos, flash objects, sounds, and text so the potential customer feels overwhelmed.
- Make it hard to navigate and find things easily.
- Write your text using lots of marketing fluff. You know, blah, blah, blah.
- Label menu tabs with clever, but unrecognizable names.
- Make text light colored on a dark background so the reader’s eyes cross and he or she feels physically ill while reading.
- Write every paragraph on your site in third person.
- Leave off testimonials and if you do use them, make sure they are long and without last names or contact info.
How do websites turn you off?
You can also contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.