Before you charge ahead and start your business, consider the stumbling blocks first. Your business success depends on how well you adjust and resolve these disadvantages.
Here are Some of the Many Disadvantages of Being Small Business Owner…
- You can’t blame the boss.
- Things constantly change, especially with this economy.
- You’ll have to learn to like marketing and sales, whether you supervise or do it yourself.
- To be successful, you must make and follow a budget.
- You have to make lots of decisions quickly all of the time.
- More than likely you will battle isolation disease.
- You have to be a self motivator.
- There is a tendency to have a do-it-yourself attitude which causes extremely late hours and several problems in the long run.
- It’s very easy to get caught up in the day-to-day tasks and forget about making goals.
- Most entrepreneurs delay paying themselves which is one reason they are not as successful.
- You can work flexible hours, sometimes taking too much time off without realizing it.
- No one keeps you focused and helps you avoid pitfalls, except if you’re smart and hire a business coach.
- You forget about listening to your intuition or gut instincts.
I can’t stress this enough: Almost every small business owner I know has needed help mastering these disadvantages. Join associations, attend workshops, take classes, read books and hire a business coach.
If you have a small business or a home based business and need help, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.