I just heard recently that the Arizona Small Business Association (located in Phoenix and Tucson) added 700 members in a little over six months. Wow! Either ASBA has a really effective marketing plan, or there are lots of people sick of job insecurity. Maybe people are lost and just don’t know what else to do but start their own business. Or what I like to believe, lots of people are finally going for their dream jobs.
Here are Some of the Many Advantages of Being an Entrepreneur:
- No one can fire or lay you off.
- There is a variety in your daily work tasks.
- You can work flexible hours, taking time off to be with your kids, go to the doctor or take a Yoga class.
- Running your own business gives you the final say in every decision to be made.
- You are in charge of setting your own deadlines. And enforcing them.
- Being an entrepreneur gives you the power to give yourself raises as often as you want for no reason.
- You can easily take advantage of going with your intuition or gut instincts.
- You hardly ever get bored, because there is little or no time to sit back and take it easy.
- You can get over your fears quickly by facing them head on.
- You don’t have to loose sleep over an upcoming performance review.
- Being a business owner forces you to finally learn how to make and follow a budget.
- And the best advantage of all, no one tells you what to do.
Do you know of other advantages of being an entrepreneur?
If you need help, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.