Maybe you steer clear of networking events because they scare you to death. Or maybe you’re the type who attends a networking occasion believing you’re managing your fear just fine. But time after time you come away with little or no sales. Do one of these profiles fit you?
16 Signs That You Fear Networking Events…
- DREAD networking events, especially those that don’t have speakers.
- Are reluctant to INITIATE a conversation.
- Almost insist on BRINGING SOMEONE with you to the networking event.
- Mostly hang around people you KNOW.
- Find yourself standing ALL ALONE, either staring at the floor, wall or your drink.
- Make up EXCUSES not to go to the networking event, like it’s a waste of time, you’re not a self-promoter or it’s too much money.
- Fear that you’ll SAY something stupid, talk too much or will be unable to think of anything to say.
- Often find yourself COMPLAINING about the networking event, others or your behaviors.
- Are ENVIOUS of outgoing people.
- Would rather be doing ANYTHING ELSE.
- Let yourself feel INTIMIDATED.
- Think how you look, say or do makes a big difference in the OUTCOME.
- Seldom SMILE.
- Are afraid of bumping into COMPETITORS at the networking event.
- Are TENSE and your stomach is in knots.
- Can’t WAIT to leave.
Fear not only makes the event painful, but also repels job opportunities, sales and good connections.
If you have some of these signs and want to do something about getting rid of the fear so you can get better results speaking to strangers, contact Vickie Champion for a FREE coaching session.