Most people do not realize or consider the emotional and practical impact fear has on our daily lives and businesses. Yet fear impacts everything from our personal relationships to our self-esteem to our health and that of our company’s bottom line.
Think fear is your own private, locked-away misery? Let’s consider all the ways that fear is cutting you off from your intuition, sacrificing your happiness and causing conflict in your life right now?
FEAR CAN CAUSE US TO…
- Not pursue our DREAMS or not know what our DREAMS are
- Feel LOUSY
- Not SLEEP well
- Have CONFLICT with others
- Stay overly BUSY
- Be easily DECEIVED by others
- Stop making DECISIONS
- Make SACRIFICES to please someone
- Become PARALYZED
- Turn into PERFECTIONISTS
- DEFLECT gifts or compliments from others
- Become upset over CHANGE
- Spend a lot of time putting out FIRES
- DEPRIVE ourselves of the thing we want
- JUDGE others
- APOLOGIZE for our actions when no apology is needed
- Be UNPLEASANT to be around
- Get DISTRACTED easily
- Become ILL
- Use food, smoking, exercise, work or anything else to RELIEVE stress
- Do things only out of OBLIGATION
- DEFEND our decisions
- Feel INTIMATED when we’re around others
- Feel our REPUTATION is overly important
- Avoid being around NEGATIVE people
- Feel EXHAUSTED
- AVOID discussing misunderstandings
- Not APPRECIATE what we have
- Become GREEDY or selfish
- Find it difficult to get rid of our THINGS
- Shrink from PROMOTING ourselves, our ideas or our products
- Feel HOPELESS
- Talk about our PROBLEMS all the time to anyone who will listen
- Try to IMPRESS others
- Have a hard time saying “NO”
- Block our INTUITION
Without fear we could hear our intuition every minute of the day. Without fear we could have the perfect job. Without fear we could have pleasant relationships with everyone we meet. Without fear we could get crystal clear on what our dreams really are. Without fear we would have great self-esteem. Without fear we could be HAPPY.
Visit the Overcoming Fear section.
or check out the entire Life in General section.
You can also contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.