It’s easy to get distracted just trying to earn a living, and put your dream job on the back burner. We can use several excuses; the economy is in crisis, I’m lucky to have a job, I don’t know what my dream job is, I don’t have the money to get retrained, or I’m waiting until my children graduate from high school. No matter what the excuse or excuses are, there are added benefits to it.
Here are Some of the Benefits of Not Going After Your Dream Job
- Spend endless hours daydreaming about winning the lotto and quitting your job.
- Live for the weekends.
- Save money by not hiring a life coach or career coach.
- Keep believing security and the money are more important than enjoying life.
- Get your thrills from putting out fires instead of seeking your dream job.
- Look forward to retirement and growing old.
- Continue to complain rather than take responsibility for your life.
- Stay in your comfort zone.
- Save time and the hassle of trying to listen to your intuition.
- Use the stress at work as an excuse for a shopping spree or that extra scoop of ice cream.
- Live through others’ dreams because you have none of your own.
- Focus on finding things that are wrong and fixing them rather than work on achieving your dreams.
If you are waiting for the perfect time, it will never come. It’s NOW. Just drop the excuses and start!
You can contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.