It’s easy to let ourselves either get caught up in the drama of the day or slide into our comfort zones and stay there. When you think about it, it’s not difficult to find reasons to avoid picking up the phone or going to a networking event and finding new customers. Have you already thought of any of these excuses?
Here’s 12 Excuses to NOT Contact Potential Customers…
- Because of the poor economy, no one is BUYING much of anything.
- No one has the MONEY right now.
- I don’t have my MARKETING MATERIAL the way I want it. The first impression means everything.
- I don’t have TIME. There are not enough hours in the day to get done everything I need to and this is no exception.
- I don’t want to BOTHER them.
- I don’t know HOW, especially with social media like LinkedIn.
- I need more TRAINING first.
- I’m afraid I won’t be able to handle the EXTRA BUSINESS.
- I’m not feeling WELL.
- I’m afraid they will ASK questions I don’t know the answer to.
- My top PRIORITY is my current customers.
- I’m not TALENTED at sales and don’t LIKE doing it either.
There are two ways to get sales. Either we can have “excuses why not” or we can “get results.” It’s just that simple.
If you help getting over sales reluctance, contact Vickie Champion for a FREE coaching session.