Posts Tagged ‘Feel guilty’
Sometimes we think money can solve all our problems and using it to try to alleviate our guilty feelings is one of them.
Here’s Two Signs we Might be Using Money to Relieve Our Guilt…
1 Catch ourselves using words like “I need to”, “I should” I have to”, “I ought to,” and I’ve got to.”
Common Reasons we use money to Relieve GUILT:
- Buying flowers for your wife because you feel ashamed for cheating on her.
- Paying for a full-time companion for your elderly mother because you feel like a bad daughter for not wanting to visit her daily.
- Sending a Christmas card to someone because they sent you one instead of mailing it because you would have whether or not they sent you one.
- Giving to relatives who ask financial help because you feel guilty you have more money than them.
Women collect, feed and refuse to let them go. Men? Not so much. I’m talking about reasons to feel guilty. Women are often serial guilt-hoarders. Storing so much guilt inside their bodies and lives and then when encouraged to release some of it, they decline. In all my years as a business and life coach, the number of women struggling daily with guilt issues far out number the men.
Popular Things Women Feel Guilty Over are…
1 Eating forbidden foods, you know, the ones full of sugar.
2 Balancing life as a working mom.
Hey, you know that unsettled feeling in your stomach? The hang-your-head, slink-away, don’t-even-look-at-me feeling? It’s guilt. You know it when you feel it and you may even know what’s causing it. But do you know what guilt is?
Guilt is nothing more than making up a rule we think we need to follow and then breaking it.
- The rule might be “In order to lose weight, I have to stay on this diet.” Then you break the rule buying eating a piece of chocolate. This causes enormous guilt.