You may think just shedding those extra pounds would be satisfying. Sure it would be nice to fit into smaller clothes and be able to cross your legs without a great deal of pain. But the question is, "If getting rid of that excess fat was so satisfying, then why do we gain it back?"
The Following Reviews what Wanting to Lose Weight Really Means:
You revolve your life around things you think you "need" to do, like following the latest diet, counting fat grams, reading food labels, weighing food, exercising, taking pills, or even preparing for surgery. Not only do these tasks take lots of your energy, but they also steer you away from doing things that give you pleasure and you thoroughly enjoy.
After the holidays, many of us come through a period of sugar highs, feeling bloated, tighter clothes and most disturbing of all, that daily "guilt." Year after year it's the same: starting in mid-November and gaining momentum as the weeks pass by, we involve ourselves in an extremely painful relationship with food. It's the kind of relationship where we sacrifice foods we enjoy, feel guilty when we "give in," or become constantly obsessed about when, what, and how much do we get to eat next.
Over the years of working with life coaching clients and dealing with my own weight loss issues, I’ve gathered and developed several weight loss affirmations or mantras.
Here Are Some Helpful Weight Loss Affirmations to Use...
I have no use for excess weight any longer.
I prepare and eat my food with love.
Every day, I'm getting happier and healthier.
I now use food for healing myself, not hurting myself.
I no longer center my life around food.
Today, I let nothing stress me out.
You might ask, “What are weight loss affirmations anyway?” Simply, they are thoughts we think over and over about weight. It is the act of affirming a belief.
The basic idea is to repeat an affirmation or a mantra until we start believing it. Then it becomes a natural part of who we are.
Give us faster and longer lasting results.
Help us achieve our weight loss goals.
Build our confidence and self-esteem.
Helps us stay focused on our weight loss goals.
You may think just shedding those extra pounds would be satisfying. Sure, it would be nice to fit into smaller clothes and be able to cross your legs without a great deal of effort. But the question is, “If getting rid of the excess fat was so satisfying then why do we gain it back?”
Here’s Some Points to Consider when Putting Losing Weight as a Higher Priority…
- We revolve our lives around things we think we “need” to do, like following the latest diet, counting fat grams, reading food labels, weighing food, exercising, taking pills or even preparing for surgery. Not only do these tasks take a lot of our energy, but they also steer us away from doing things that give us pleasure and that we thoroughly enjoy.
You don’t have to be stuck with that churning feeling in your gut called guilt. Many times we don’t even consider whether guilt is something we can overcome. We just assume we must live with it like a bad haircut. But guilt can be transformed.
Warning! Before you read this blog, you might want to read the blog on “What is Guilt?” so this will make more sense.
Remember guilt is nothing more than making up a rule or belief we think we need to follow and then breaking it.
Women collect, feed and refuse to let them go. Men? Not so much. I’m talking about reasons to feel guilty. Women are often serial guilt-hoarders. Storing so much guilt inside their bodies and lives and then when encouraged to release some of it, they decline. In all my years as a business and life coach, the number of women struggling daily with guilt issues far out number the men.
Popular Things Women Feel Guilty Over are…
1 Eating forbidden foods, you know, the ones full of sugar.
2 Balancing life as a working mom.
Hey, you know that unsettled feeling in your stomach? The hang-your-head, slink-away, don’t-even-look-at-me feeling? It’s guilt. You know it when you feel it and you may even know what’s causing it. But do you know what guilt is?
Guilt is nothing more than making up a rule we think we need to follow and then breaking it.
- The rule might be “In order to lose weight, I have to stay on this diet.” Then you break the rule buying eating a piece of chocolate. This causes enormous guilt.
As a life coach for many years, it’s clear to me that there is a direct correlation between being overweight and having financial woes.
I’m going to tell you about Sandy, one of my money coaching success stories, to show you what I mean. Sandy came to me not because she needed more money but because she lived with a constant fear of losing what she had. This fear kept her in the habit of over saving.
As a life and weight coach, overeating is a concern we discuss in our coaching sessions. From my experience and my clients, I've concluded that most of us are not aware of the enormous price we pay for overeating.
Here are Some of the Costs of Overeating...
- Added expenses of larger-sized clothing.
- Health club memberships never used.
- Extra money spent on extra food.
- Money spent on various diet programs.
- Higher medical bills due to weight issues.
- Lost job opportunities, promotions, or customers.
- It's easier to get run down and pick up the latest bug.
I was discussing this subject with SanTanNaturalMedicine located here in the Phoenix, AZ metro area and this is what physically happens.
Physically what Happens When You Cheat on the hCG Weight Loss Diet...
- Won't lose weight and there is a good possibility you will gain weight.
- Will be hungry most of the time.
- Will feel irritable and fatigued.
- Will put your body in starvation mode, which is very unhealthy.
Being a life coach for more than 12 years, I always look at the emotional side of issues. Here is what I think happens mentally when we cheat.
Overeating can be a vicious cycle. We start the cycle by finding a way to JUSTIFY eating more, especially carbohydrates.
Ways we JUSTIFY Eating More-
1. To relieve stress, which can come in the form of boredom, loneliness or worry.
(Example: Talking to one of your co-workers, you learn there may be more layoffs. You go to the vending machine and get a bag of chips to ease your fear.)
2. To reward ourselves.
(Example: You’ve gone weeks on your stressful weight loss diet without cheating, so you figure you deserve a little treat.)
The hCG diet is becoming so prevalent, medical professionals in day spas, naturopathic offices and clinics specializing in nothing but administering the diet are popping up as store fronts. Do you need a doctor’s supervision to follow the diet? It’s a personal choice. There are some disadvantages of ditching the doctor and choosing to go it alone.
Here are Some Disadvantages of Doing the hCG Diet Without a Doctor...
- The most important factor is that other physical problems may be preventing weight loss or contributing to weight gain and need to be addressed before starting the hCG diet. I had two challenges that needed to be adjusted before I started losing weight on the hCG diet.
Everywhere I go I encounter women doing the hCG weight loss diet. It seems to be the latest diet craze, especially here in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area.
In one of my business group coaching sessions last week, four women admitted they were on the hCG diet but not using medical supervision. That got me thinking…why would they decide not to use a doctor?
Here are Some Advantages of Doing the hCG Diet Without a Doctor...
- The obvious and probably most important factor is cost. Some of my coaching clients have paid as much as $2,000 through a naturopathic doctor. I was lucky. I paid a small fraction of that with SanTanNaturalMedicine.com
In the previous blog we pointed out some of the recognizable characteristics of overweight women. For example, they eat to relieve stress or eat quickly or tend to be carbohydrate addicts. But what about the hidden traits? These are the characteristics that overeaters themselves may not even be conscious of.
Here's Some Not so Obvious Traits of Overweight Women...
They might have a tendency to...
- Eat often unconsciously while reading or watching TV.
- Be scared of change.
- Feel guilty after splurging.
- Have no idea what their dreams are.
I have been overweight most of my life. My weight has fluctuated from 20 to 100 in excess pounds. From experience, presenting numerous workshops (CA, WA, OR, CO, AZ, NV, TX, MO) and from my life coaching clients who have hired me to help them with their overeating, I've learned a bit about the shared traits of overweight women.
Here's Some Traits of Overweight Women...
They have a tendency to...
- Eat more quickly.
- Emotionally eat to relieve stress and numb themselves.
- Do very little if any exercise on a regular basis.
- Hate to see food go to waste.
We will discuss concepts that are helpful in any weight loss program. In each session we will talk about our mindsets, how we sabotage ourselves, and ways to overcome it.
The group will meet on Thursday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in Chandler, AZ near the 101 & Warner.
To R.S.V.P. and get exact location contact Vickie Champion at 480-838-9866 or click here and leave a short message.
A few months ago I searched the web for any information I could find on the hCG diet before trying it. I even read a couple of books about it. What I didn't find is much info on the mental challenges that people experience and how we cope with that.
Just like any weight loss program, I think the hCG diet has it's own set of mental challenges. What makes this diet different is the speed the weight comes off (1 to 2 pounds a day), the lack of exercise required, and the unforgiveness of the diet, if you cheat even slightly.
For more than a decade now, I have suggested affirmations or mantras as a tool to solve just about any problem. I have seen them work at increasing sales, making peace in relationships and kicking bad habits. Out of the hundreds of workshop attendees and business coaching and life coaching clients I've had, I have yet to see anyone who did affirmations on a consistent basis who did not benefit from them.
Here are Some of the Many Advantages of Doing Affirmations...
- We see quick RESULTS with little effort.
- They help us achieve our DREAMS.
- Affirmations build CONFIDENCE and SELF-ESTEEM.
Everywhere we look we find information on ways to lose weight, but for a refreshing perspective let’s look at how to keep our excess weight and maintain that painful relationship we have with food.
Here’s How to Stay Overweight:
- Talk about your excess weight as much as possible. Mention how hard you try to change your eating and exercising habits, and don’t forget to point out flaws in your body others might not have noticed. This way you can get that much needed attention even if it’s negative.