Saying YES when you want to say NO can make you feel liked or that you’re accomplishing something. But the harm it does far outweighs these benefits.
Here are Some of the Upsides of Saying NO When you Want to…
- Are liked for who you are as a person, not for giving in.
- Feel better physically without all that stress of overpromising.
- Build your self-esteem from facing and overcoming your fears.
- Impress others by not being an easy target.
- End the constant feeling of being trapped.
- Are able to focus on your own needs, wants, and dreams for a change.
- Can stop worrying so much and begin relaxing a little.
- Start feeling you really are “good enough.”
If you are ready to live a better life and want to learn how to say no in a kind way, check out my Painless Ways to Stop People Pleasing—How to Say NO and Still be Kind video series.
By Vickie Champion