Like a lot of words, the definition of “vulnerable” varies and may even be contradictory. On one end, being vulnerable possesses a fearful meaning, like being unprotected against attack and harm. If we adopted this explanation, we would tend to keep our inner thoughts tucked away and hidden.
Yet, on the other end there is a loving description that can free us from any kind of fear and let us be our real, authentic self. Here are 8 of the more loving definitions.
To be Vulnerable is to…
- Be emotionally accessible and wide open.
- Let go of your defenses and wing it.
- Be completely honest with yourself and others.
- No longer have the need to keep secrets.
- Have the courage to be imperfect.
- Accept yourself exactly the way you are.
- Allow deep joy and connection.
- Open up for greater personal and spiritual growth.
Which kind of definition do you want to believe? The fearful or the loving kind? Your decision can impact how you live your whole life.
If you need help having courage to be vulnerable, contact Vickie Champion for a discovery coaching and consulting session.
By Vickie Champion