Yes, there are some good points having the need to please when running a home based business. And there are lots of small business owners who could learn from them, especially in the area of customer service.
Here’s Some of the Benefits of Being a People Pleasing Entrepreneur-
People Pleasers tend to…
- Give clients more than they ask for.
- Save money by not hiring helpers to assist them.
- Stay motivated. Unfortunately it’s mainly by the fear of not pleasing others. Nevertheless, they do stay motivated.
- Easily make clients feel like they are important.
- Be reliable and organized.
- Avoid wasting precious time setting up policies, procedures, or making business plans.
- Excel at customer service.
- Keep clients for a long time.
- Be comfortable and do well with a home based business because they usually feel insecure interacting with others.
These all sound really great, don’t they? The problem is, eventually people pleasers run out of time, especially the busier they get. The results are that they start becoming overwhelmed and often unreliable.
When you’re ready to say no in a gentle way, check out my Painless Ways to Stop People Pleasing—How to Say NO and Still be Kind video series.
By Vickie Champion