If you’ve read my previous blogs you can recognize the signs you’re in a bad relationship. And, hopefully, if you’re in a relationship now you can identify more than a handful of these hints that signal you’re in a good relationship.
- Look forward to seeing or talking with your partner.
- Laugh and act playful together.
- Feel completely relaxed in their presence.
- Often make eye contact.
- Don’t depend on what your partner says or does to be happier.
- Both have learned to give and receive affection.
- Enjoyalone time with your partner.
- Feel sexy.
- Are not afraid to spend time apart.
- Take time to express heartfelt “thank you’s.”
- Make it a practice to follow your inner guidance or intuition.
- Go beyond small talk sharing your fears, ideas, and dreams.
- Feel connected and satisfied with the relationship.
- Have gone beyond misunderstandings.
- Like the person you have become in the relationship.
- Hardly ever use your partner as a topic of conversation with others.
- Realize that good relationships don’t require sacrifice and compromises are not necessary and can actually break down the relationship.
- Have no problem forgiving and sometimes even forgetting it ever happened.
- Lose track of time when you are together.
- Focus on giving and receiving when making love.
- Make it a habit to focus on the things going right in the relationship, not the problems. What we focus on expands.
Maybe you selected one or two or even a dozen ways to improve your relationship from the above list. And maybe you also picked up on what many of these good relationship signs have in common. Did you? It’s that we can have a profound impact on the joy and love we give and get from our relationships simply by shifting our perspective and taking little actions to support that.
If you need help on how to have a good relationship, contact Vickie Champion for a discovery coaching and consulting session.
By Vickie Champion