When we think of feeling sexy, the first thing that comes to most of our minds is being hot, flirtatious, risqué, seductive, and to be real frank, kind of a slut. Uck! Who wants that? Always fighting off unwanted attention and trying to ignore the off-color looks and comments behind our backs. No wonder most women dumb it down and never give feeling sexy another thought.
I’d like to redefine what feeling sexy means so every woman could actually feel sexy if they wanted to.
My Definition of a Sexy Woman is…
- Is comfortable in her own skin.
- Wears clothes that flatter her, not hide her.
- Is OK with not being perfect.
- Focuses on what she has, not what she doesn’t.
- Is confident and fearless.
- Pays more attention to how she moves rather than what she moves.
- Is not afraid to look ridiculous or silly.
- Smiles and laughs easily.
- Isn’t condescending.
- Has an enthusiastic personality.
- Is approachable.
- Doesn’t neglect self-care such as grooming, exercise, conscious eating, adequate sleep, quiet contemplation, and time for relaxation.
- Is kind.
- Makes eye contact.
- Is honest with themselves and others.
- Gives others their space but stays within reach.
- Is interesting.
- Melts your heart.
- Knows how to work a room.
Sexy is not a bad word. But it’s a word that deserves to be redefined because feeling sexy is a state of being that is powerful if we embrace its fullness. Feeling sexy is worth aspiring to. Just take care not to short change it or yourself.
If you are ready to improve your self-image, contact Vickie Champion for a discovery coaching and consulting session.