We can set our own hours, get a massage in the middle of the afternoon and avoid the hovering boss. This much we know about working from home. But working from home has some subtle, not-so-obvious perks as well. Though small and even overlooked these advantages can influence our mental, physical and emotional health.
Here are Some Not-so-Obvious Benefits of Working from Home…
- Multi-task during boring conference calls.
- Provide companionship to our pets.
- Go shopping when we don’t have to wait in lines.
- Forget what terms like office pod means.
- Keep our office at the perfect temperature for us and finally stop wearing sweaters.
- Say goodbye to annoying co-workers.
- Spend our time more productively, instead of gossiping in the break room.
- Take first pick of items at big sales, instead of picking over the leftovers after work.
- Avoid having to donate to every office birthday, going-away, retirement and baby shower gift-giving collection.
- Spend more time with our family instead of our co-workers.
- Listen to our preferred music instead of elevator music or better yet, work in silence.
- Maintain our diet easier because we don’t eat lunches out.
- Stop pretending we care about what some co-worker did over the weekend.
- Show our kids by example how to have self-discipline.
- Wear comfortable clothes, like t-shirts, jeans and sweat suits.
- Stop using prescription drugs to relieve stress.
- Finally learn to set boundaries.
- Because of all of the above, be happier.
Can you think of any others?
Others blogs you might be interested in are:
or check out Jobs, Careers & Running a Business