For a good portion of my life, I have put a lot of effort into my inner work. And still at times I want to “be right” far more than I want to “be happy.” I notice this, anytime I take a side, become insistent, or find myself complaining.
Here are some of the Benefits of “Being Right”…
- It keeps us striving to be perfect and building our reputation.
- We are admired by others who also want to “be right” — until we make a mistake.
- We need not waste our time trying to understand others’ opinions.
- “Being right” bonds us with others that think as we do.
- “Being right” keeps away those that disagree with us.
- We have something that makes us unique and exceptional.
- We can pat ourselves on the back for our achievements.
- “Being right” makes us feel we are contributing to society. If we take a stand and fight for what we believe is right, the world is a better place.
- We get our self-esteem from feeling superior to others.
For more information on “Being Right” see Vickie Champion’s next blog on the Disadvantages of “Being Right.”