In the 14 years that I have been a small business coach, I have noticed some disadvantages that women business owners face far more often than men. It must be the way we were raised and a belief system we bought into. I think these are among the primary reasons we aren’t as successful as a whole in business as men.
Here’s Some of the Disadvantages Being a Woman Entrepreneur-
We have a tendency to…
- Think multi-tasking is normal and pride ourselves at being good at it.
- Have an “I’ll do-it-myself attitude”.
- Not even consider hiring a team of helpers like housekeepers, personal assistants, accountants, virtual assistants and business coaches until it’s absolutely necessary.
- Have a problem receiving. So we either charge less than our male competitors or forget to put ourselves on the payroll.
- Focus almost completely on the day-to-day tasks and are reluctant to set goals or make business plans.
- Want our work to be perfect more than we want it to be profitable.
- Not really know what our business dreams are.
- Believe the act of self-care to recharge ourselves is selfish.
- Delay success by focusing more on “why” we are not doing something rather than pushing through the fear and just doing it.
All we have to do to overcome these disadvantages is change our beliefs.
Other info from Vickie Champion you might be interested in are:
or check out the entire Running a Business section.
If you need help with your small business or home based business, contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.
By Vickie Champion