What's so bad about being afraid? Lots! Worry, doubt, and fear causes us to act in ways that get us in terrible situations. Fear causes illness, financial problems and conflict with others. Fear lowers our self-esteem, and most of all, causes us to remain unhappy.
Here are Signs we Might be in Fear...
- Are STRESSED, UPSET, ANGRY or RESENTFUL.
- Want to CONTROL the situation.
- Want to PROVE something.
- Find ourselves confronting a lot of OBSTACLES.
- OBSESS. Replaying a situation over and over and thinking about how it could have been avoided, what will happen because of it, what needs to change to fix it and who's to blame.
- Become JUDGMENTAL.
- Find ourselves BLAMING someone or something for the situation.
- Are mainly concerned about the OUTCOME and not enjoying the process.
- Feel GUILTY, afraid we will be punished for what we did or didn't do.
- Become DEFENSIVE.
- Want others to TAKE OUR SIDE.
- Think things are URGENT or a matter of life or death.
- Feel BEING RIGHT is an extremely high priority.
- FORCE ourselves to do something we don't want to do.
- Feel INADEQUATE to handle the situation.
- Are afraid to TALK or even THINK about the situation.
- Think our INTUITION is non-existent.
Once we realize we're in fear we can take steps to get out of it. Until the fear begins to disappear, it is extremely hard to find relief from the unpleasant situations fear causes. Once fear dissipates, our natural intuition, inner guidance or gut instincts can surface. Intuition enables us to be aware of the answers to all of our problems.
Other info on fear by Vickie Champion you might be interested in are:
or check out the entire Life in General section.
You can also contact Vickie Champion for a complimentary coaching and consulting session.